About the building
Stadsmuseum Harderwijk is located in a building that consists of at least three historical buildings. Part of the side wing probably dates back to the Middle Ages. In 1793 these properties were owned by Heribert van Westervelt. There was a major renovation, resulting in the current state-of-the-art mansion in Louis XVI-style. In 1890 the largest part of the side wing was sold by the heirs of notary H.C. Termaat.
The heirs of architect D. Kok sold the main building in 1950 to the municipality of Harderwijk, provided that a museum was established. In 1952 the museum actually opened. In 1966, the municipality bought the broken part of the side wing that was added to the museum in the years 1976-1979. In 1977 the purchase of the rear part followed. A mayor renovation in 2014 made the premises one unit.
The ground floor is free of charge. Take a look at our beautiful courtyard garden.
3841 CC Harderwijk
T +31 341-414468